Saturday, November 30, 2013

First Post

I don't really understand how I got this far in college/life in the 21st century without creating a blog. As I was busy procrastinating today, I decided Hey! Let's make a blog! ...So here I am.
My boyfriend will probably say, "great, one more thing you've signed yourself up for". And he's right. I am super busy. But maybe, this will be a place I can say what I want to say and if people feel like listening, they can. If not, who cares?

Huh...what a concept. I'm only 5 years behind. :P


Anyway, I'm an undergraduate senior in Florida--aiming to be a teacher in a time when no one seems to think it's a good idea. I graduate in May and I will (hopefully) get a job. I am so excited to start teaching middle school ELA (I bet you've never heard that one before!)

This passage that made me want to create a blog because I thought hey, maybe someone else feels this way too:

"The classroom management part of this was difficult for me, just because I haven’t had these students from the beginning. Being practically alone with the students for a few days (with a sub) made me really want to look at the classroom management plan I created and add some things like what if students really don’t care about proximity, or how to not yell when you are frustrated. One student told me, “You get mad really easily”. Wow; I was speechless. I was frustrated because I wasn’t aware of any classroom management so I immediately went to negativity which so isn’t me. I need to work on how to reframe my frustration. Classroom management really can make or break you."
So, listen if you want, comment if you want, do what you want.

1 comment:

  1. Love it! Keep going with it. I've always wanted to make a teaching blog too!

    ReplyDelete